Sunday, March 11, 2007

FOs and UFOs

I could lie and say something happened to prevent me from making another post before now, but to be completely honest I simply forgot. Well, I wanted to index what knitting I finished last year and what's carried over to this one.


Completed Projects:
1. 1 Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono from Mason-Dixon Knitting (After many false starts)

2. 3 ballband dishcloths from the Peaches and Cream label/MDK at different gauges and with varying brands of discloth cotton.

3. 1 logcabin dishtowel (my own design, inspired by MDK)

4. 1 Universal Toe-Up Sock Formula sock from Knitty in Trekking XXL during the World Series (Yeah, yeah, the mate is coming. I might add a little length to this one after I make sure I have enough yarn for both.)

5.) Learn to use Continental style knit and purl

6.) 1 Dog Sweater for the killer attack guard dog. It's the right size but fits oddly, so I'm going to reseam it for my Peppy. (FYI "killer attack guard dog" stands for "sweet, loving, adorable, submissive, playful four-pound chihuahua.)

Carried-over projects:

1. Mom's garter scarf (Jo Ann's Angel Hair, ten inches by 60? inches, with size 9 needles. Don't blame me, she picked out the gauge, yarn, and width.) My first project and last plain garter scarf. This was originally going to be in St st since it knit up so fast, but I discovered the sad truth about curling so then decided the simplest solution would be garter. Can you tell I was new? A ribbed scarf or another stitch pattern never even occured to me. Lace would have given me a seizure at that time. Now here it is, a full year and a half later and I still haven't finished it. I'm going to have to sit down and just knit it this weekend or something.


2. da Bears scarf (Red Heart Supersaver worsted acrylic held double, St st knit in the round on a 30 inch size 17 circular, alternating colors between Royal Blue and Pumpkin every 15 rows): a coworker is paying me to make a thick Bears colors scarf. Turns out I picked the colors for the Fighting Illini instead... but he seems okay with the color choice. I hate this scarf with a passion. Although, on the other hand, this scarf was the reason I learned to knit continental style and, as I grew to loathe it, to look into much faster alternatives. I have maybe 60-75 rows left.

3.) Universal Toe-up second sock. (Yeah, yeah.. Kiss my ass. These are for me and aren't a very high priority. The dishcloths and kimono were on a timetable.)


Projects begun in 2007

1. Top-down garter rib socks with (gasp) a heel flap, gussets, and everything. Trekking XXL on size 1 DPNs. First one is just past the 1.5 inches of 1x1 ribbing and starting on the second row of the main pattern.

2. Another discloth. "The MDK Dishcloth". It's knit in the round. I frogged it out after realizing I had forgotten to remember an extra K12 and finished the specified number of bobbles halfway around. I do plan to get back to this eventually.

3. Pale blue Cascade 220 mittons for Mel. on size 3 dpns. Frogged twice, three false starts


Projects Planned

1. fingerless clawless gloves for Pinchy the Crab.

2. Blue pair of Fetching gloves

3. Red pair of Fetching gloves

4. Finish a couple projects in the Ultimate Knitting Machine booklet

5. Pair of Dashing gloves

6. Dog sweater on UKM

7. Linen bath towel or two

8. Thigh high knit stockings

9. Socks, socks, socks.

No comments: